- Enveloped viruses usually acquire their envelope from the host cell's plasma membrane
- occurs during exit from cell
- except herpesviruses
- acquire envelope from host nuclear membrane
- DNA enveloped viruses
- smallpox virus
- DNA nucleocapsid viruses
- RNA enveloped viruses
- influenza virus
- parainfluenza virus
- measles virus
- mumps virus
- rubella virus
- rabies virus
- HIV (shown in illustration)
- RNA nucleocapsid viruses
- picornaviruses (enterovirus type)
AVERAGE 4.0 of 1 RATINGS
Qbank (0 Questions)
Level of Evidence 5 and Other Journal Articles (includes Case Reports, Expert Opinions,
Personal Observations, and Biomechanic Studies)
Lorizate M, Kräusslich HG. Role of lipids in virus replication. Cold Spring Harb Perspect Biol. 2011 Oct 1;3(10):a004820. doi: 10.1101/cshperspect.a004820. Review.
PMID:21628428 (Link to Abstract)
- First Aid for the USMLE STEP 1. Le, Tao. New York: McGraw-Hill Medical, 2013.
- Rapid Review Pathology Revised Reprint. Goljan, Edward. New York: Mosby, 2011.
- Clinical Microbiology Made Ridiculously Simple 5th Ed. Gladwin, Mark. Miami: MedMaster Inc, 2011.
- medEssentials for the USMLE Step 1. Manley, Michael. New York: Kaplan Publishing, 2012.
- Katzung & Trevnor's Pharmacology Examination and Board Review. Trevor, Anthony. New York: Lange Medical Books, 2012.